University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin School of Business, Madison, WI
Master of Business Administration Candidate, 2010 – 2012
• Specialization: Brand and Product Management
• Researched and created a resource guide in preparation for study abroad trip to China, compiling information from various sources and directing the contributions of 16 classmates.
• Executed promotional material mailings and communicated Wisconsin MBA value proposition to prospective students as a member of the recruiting team.
Brigham Young University, Marriott School of Management, Provo, UT
Bachelor of Science, 2002 – 2008
Major: Business Management
• Completed study abroad through Asia as part of an international business course; evaluated best practices from executives at Wal-Mart, Mazda, Disney, and Coca-Cola. Utilized prior language and culture experience as an assistant to the professor, facilitating group transportation, reservations, and overall communication.
• Educated Economic Self-Reliance Student Association members about micro-credit and increased awareness about service opportunities. Utilized Kiva.org lending opportunities to create and/or expand 40 small businesses in developing countries.
E*TRADE Financial, Sandy, UT
Financial Services Representative
6/2008 – 6/2010
• Secured over $3 million in new customer deposits and earned a top 10% team ranking for referrals by analyzing client financial goals and recommending appropriate investment solutions.
Co-created new service line to field inquiries in Japanese, eliminating the need for third-party translators.
• Instructed participants of employee stock purchase programs from companies such as Apple, Yahoo, Staples, and Lowe’s. Promoted E*TRADE’s brokerage services and articulated customized benefits, resulting in increased commission revenue.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Provo, UT
Sales Support Representative
7/2005 – 3/2008
• Determined customer needs and preferences in order to recommend appropriate products, resulting in a 5% “up-sell” each month, 2 points higher than the 3% expectation.
• Mitigated product and shipping issues for clients in both English and Japanese. Established a rapport and recommended solutions to problems, producing a one-call resolution of concerns and ultimately, a positive experience for the customer.
• Proactively enrolled more than 100 clients in automatic, monthly shipments, which led to a “stickier” experience for these clients as well as an approximate $5,000 increase in monthly revenue for the company.
Mountain West Travel, Las Vegas, NV
Tour Guide/Marketing Associate
4/2006 – 8/2006
• Guided tours ranging from one to 55 clients to American national parks. Effectively managed a variety of group situations, taking accountability for the success or failure of each tour. Scored average of 6.5 out of 7.0 on customer surveys.
• Assessed consumer interest in an original tour package. Researched and drafted marketing campaigns, projected financials, and partnered with industry professionals to create an implementation plan for future use.
Prampram Worldwide Education, Sandy, UT
Director of Programs
6/2008 – 6/2010
• Supervised volunteers of a non-profit organization created to sponsor Ghanaian children through primary and secondary school. Managed school operations, budgeting, student services, and monitored the progress of 25 sponsored children.
• Selected to serve on the board of directors, working closely with members on a cross-functional team.
• Created and presented training materials, communicating program mission to volunteers and setting proper expectations.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Sendai, Japan
12/2002 – 12/2004
• Supervised more than 20 volunteers, organizing and monitoring community service projects; analyzed performance data to determine areas for improvement and mentored volunteers.
• Taught more than 400 hours of free English classes.